Inspection and testing
Every electrical installation deteriorates with use and age. Legislations requires that all electrical installations are maintained in a safe condition and therefore must be periodically inspected and tested, it’s recommended every 5 years for commercial properties, and every 3 years for Industrial properties. With Health and Safety regulations getting more stringent it’s vital your electrical installations are properly maintained and regularly inspected, to ensure the safety of the user is not put at risk.
As an approved contractor of the NICEIC, our team of qualified and fully experienced electrical engineers can undertake full electrical testing on the supply and internal fixed wiring of any building or business, ensuring you are fully compliant with latest health and safety legislation, (BS7671 IEE wiring regulation standards,)
The usual electrical tests performed are
• Visual inspection of the installation and existing documentation
• Continuity and polarity of all circuits
• Insulation resistance of conductors
• Earth loop impedance test to determine the quality of your earthing
• Testing of RCDs to check that they do trip at the correct time and current rating
Upon completion of the electrical inspection and testing, we will issue a detailed Periodic Inspection Report and will outline any remedial work considered necessary to ensure continued and safe operation of your electrical installation.